Job Reference: ART-Lhgo4ylLIem
Who are we?
ART Providers Skill Centre (ART) is a UK-based organization that is committed to providing you with the right skills, learning, and career opportunities in your chosen apprenticeship course programme. We exist to produce top-quality apprentices and support employers in bridging them to the right apprentice such as yourself.
We are now offering a StoneMason course programme in Level 2. Inquire now!
What will you learn in this course?
Apprentices on the StoneMason will learn to install new natural sustainable and ethically sourced stone or conserve, repair, or replace the existing natural stone in buildings and/or landscape projects where the stonework is a key feature within the garden, including steps, walls, copings, water features, bespoke stone features, and paved areas.
Knowledge you’ll gain:
- Conforming to general health, safety, and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling, and storing resources in the workplace
- Producing standard stonemasonry components in the workplace
- Producing standard templates and moulds in the workplace
- Health, safety, and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Understanding information, quantities, and communication with others
- Understanding construction technology
- Produce standard templets and moulds
- Carry out standard setting out and fixing
- Prepare standard stonemasonry components
- Produce standard stonemasonry components.
- Knowledge of building and construction
- Able to use your initiative
- Persistence and determination
- Excellent attention to detail.
Individual employers may set any entry requirements, which may include the following:
It is desirable that candidates would have achieved a level 2 in Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE Grade C or above) prior to commencing their Apprenticeship training. Those Apprentices who are yet to achieve a level 2 in English and Maths will have the opportunity to complete these qualifications during their Apprenticeship. However, a level 2 must be achieved in these areas before they qualify for entry to their End Point Assessment (EPA).
The benefits of this level 2 Apprenticeship include:
- Receive training from experts with years of industry experience
- Become occupationally competent
Once you have completed this Apprenticeship, you could progress on to the following:
- On completion of this qualification you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress on to a higher level qualification in the same or similar occupational area or progress into employment in their chosen trade.
Employment opportunities could include:
- Trainee Supervisor / Team leader
- Achievement of this qualification within an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Construction Specialist – Stonemasonry could lead to a higher level apprenticeship framework, if desired. This could include Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Specialist -Stonemasonry: Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Stonemasonry.
Course programme title: StoneMason
Maximum funding: Competitive
Course Length: 24 Months (this does not include EPA period +3 months)
Learning method: Workplace (direct delivery)