Property Maintenance Operative
Job Reference: ART-19nx9jA1WlP
Who are we?
ART Providers Skill Centre (ART) is a UK based organization that is committed to provide you with the right skills, learning and career opportunities in your chosen apprenticeship course programme. We exist to produce top quality apprentices and support employers in bridging them to the right apprentice such as yourself.
We are now offering a Property Maintenance Operative course programme in Level 2. Inquire now!
What will you learn in this course?
This apprenticeship standard is suitable for those whose primary role is to optimise property condition and quality, ensuring the building is kept in a safe working condition. Property Maintenance Operatives need to maintain a high level of quality, providing maximum satisfaction to customers, clients, guests etc. They will understand the mechanism of buildings including electrical, plumbing, plant, safety systems and equipment, and provide first and immediate response to fault finding, whilst maximising quality and ensuring cost effectiveness.
Knowledge you’ll gain:
- Health and safety compliance
- Working safely at heights
- Carrying out repairs to a building
- Implement energy, environment and sustainable practices
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Understand how to prepare for refurbishment or deep clean of equipment and surfaces
- Understand the importance of customer service
- Record and report information accurately either internally or externally
Individual employers may set any entry requirements, which may include the following:
It is desirable that candidates would have achieved a level 2 in Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE Grade C or above) prior to commencing their Apprenticeship training. Those Apprentices who are yet to achieve a level 2 in English and Maths will have the opportunity to complete these qualifications during their Apprenticeship. However, a level 2 must be achieved in these areas before they qualify for entry to their End Point Assessment (EPA).
- Maintaining plumbing and drainage systems
- Maintaining electrical distribution in a building
- Maintaining plant, safety systems and equipment
- Energy, environment and sustainability practices
- Maintaining the outside of a building
- Using specialist tools and equipment to carry out repairs
The benefits of this level 2 Apprenticeship include:
- Train qualified employees
- Improve staff loyalty and retention
- Receive training from experts with years of industry experience
- Become occupationally competent
Once you have completed this Apprenticeship, you could progress on to the following:
- Roles such as Technical Specialist (Electrical or Plumbing)
- Supervisory or Management roles
Maximum funding: Competitive
Course Length: Up to 24 months including End Point Assessment
Learning method: Workplace (direct delivery)