Professional Accounting/Taxation Technician
Job Reference: ART-BGpIqsB306U
Who are we?
ART Providers Skill Centre (ART) is a UK based organization that is committed to provide you with the right skills, learning and career opportunities in your chosen apprenticeship course programme. We exist to produce top quality apprentices and support employers in bridging them to the right apprentice such as yourself.
We are now offering a Professional Accounting/Taxation Technician course programme in Level 4. Inquire now!
What will you learn in this course?
Apprentice on Association of Accounting Technicians apprenticeship is a higher-level accounting qualification. If you successfully complete this qualification and fulfil the AAT’s work experience requirements, you can apply for AAT full membership and achieve professional AAT (MAAT) status. In this apprenticeship you will cover higher accounting tasks including drafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluating financial performance. Apprentices who complete these additional two units will be awarded an AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting and be eligible to apply for full AAT membership.
Accounting Technicians qualification enables those working in accounting or those who are looking to pursue accountancy as a career to gain knowledge, practical experience and the all-important certification often sought by employers.
Knowledge you’ll gain:
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Accounting Systems and Controls
- Professional Diploma Synoptic Assessment
In addition, the following optional units can be added to complete the AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting (but not mandatory as part of the apprenticeship)
- Business tax
- Personal tax
- External auditing
- Cash and Treasury Management
- Credit Management
You will also develop business communications and lifelong learning skills, applying what you learn on the course to the wider industry context.
- Applicants will need to be employed in a relevant accounting role or will be willing to be employed with one of our partnered employers.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles to undertake the AAT Level 4 programme.
- Achievement of an AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting is essential.
Once you have completed this Apprenticeship, you could progress on to the following:
The accountancy skills developed by studying this qualification will enable you to seek employment with confidence, and/or to progress to study chartered accountancy.
The Professional Diploma in Accounting can lead to the achievement of professional AAT (MAAT) status.
Employment opportunities include:
- Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor
- Assistant Financial Accountant
- Commercial Analyst
- Cost Accountant
- Indirect Tax Manager
- Payments and Billing Manager
- Payroll Manager
- Senior Finance Officer
- Senior Insolvency Administrator
- Tax Supervisor
- VAT Accountan
Course Length:18-24 months.
Learning method: Workplace (direct delivery)
Maximum funding: Competitive