Internal Quality Assurer (IQA)
Job Reference: ART-kHDIJp5Gi2P
Job Title: Internal Quality Assurer
Employment Status: Part-time / Contract/ Freelance
Responsible for: Assessors
Work Hours: Depends on course programme
Location: Remote/ on-site course delivery
Salary Bracket: £32,000 PA equivalent (depending on Experience)
ART Providers (ART) is a UK based organization that supports and prepares apprentices to be equipped with the right knowledge and skills in their chosen field of course programme. It is also part of our mission to help our community build and produce qualified apprentices that would reinforce business growth by bridging employers and apprentices together.
A UK Government registered main apprenticeship provider; ART is now looking to hire experienced (Qualified) Internal Quality Assurer to help in our IQA team.
- To ensure effective and consistent delivery of all qualifications, achieving Awarding Organisation and company standards.
- Support assessors to achieve their full potential and deliver programmes within their remit of responsibility to an excellent standard.
- Plan, conduct and record sampling activities, observations and support sessions to ensure ongoing assessor development
- Contribute to the assessor performance review in a format depending on individual needs, feeding back on risk bandings, sampling, observations, any other IQA activity, achievements, challenges and areas for development.
- Co-ordinate and undertake EQA visits under the direction of Qualifications Quality Manager to ensure Awarding Organisation compliance.
- Work in collaboration with ART providers Training’s Director of Quality and Qualifications Quality Manager to ensure fit for purpose and innovative curriculum design.
- Co-ordinate and undertake Awarding Organisation EQA visits.
- Develop and manage standardised sampling plans for allocated assessors
- Sample all qualifications in line with sampling plan, risk banding and IQA strategy
- Lead on standardisation activities for all qualifications which form part of their sampling plan
- Undertake assessor observations and support visits in line with ART Providers and IQA strategy and Observation Policy
- Ensure all IQA documentation is completed adhering to Awarding Organisation and company standards.
- Maintain the integrity of all programmes by reporting any suspected malpractice or maladministration are followed
- Support and mentor new assessors in the delivery of qualifications
- Support assessors through IQA feedback, field support visits, observations, standardisation activities ensuring quality of delivery
- Contribute to the assessor performance review in a format depending on individual needs, feeding back on risk bandings, sampling, observations, any other IQA activity, achievements, challenges and areas for development
- Monitor learners’ progression through sampling activities to support timely achievement and steady progression throughout the training duration
- Provide feedback and advice to assessors to develop their assessment practices and ensure that trainee assessor’s assessment decisions are countersigned
- Plan and conduct learner interviews in line with the IQA strategy to ensure quality of delivery.
- Be actively involved in the delivery of qualifications in line with business needs (dependant on personal qualification levels, competencies and experience)
- Support ART providers’ Qualifications Quality Manager to develop sufficient teaching and learning resources for all qualifications
- Work in collaboration with ART providers’ Qualifications Quality Manager to review teaching and learning resources to ensure they remain fit for purpose
- Implement and monitor the Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Contribute to the evaluation of the Teaching and Learning Policy
- Attend Good Practice Group Meetings to inform continuous improvement and curriculum development
- Attend any relevant sector events to ensure ART providers Training are well informed of any changes or developments within Awarding Organisations
- Disseminate monthly information on cross-cutting themes to learners via e-portfolio
- Contribute to the review of the company’s CIP and Self-Assessment Record.
- Maintain up to date resources on the e-portfolio.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications and attending networking events.
- Take part in any project work deemed necessary by ART Providers Training’s senior management team.
- Fully engage with and adhere to ART Providers Training’s company values.
- Embrace ART Providers Training’s strategies, policies and processes.
- Ensure that all your practices adhere to information security policies, procedures and legislation.
- Work as a team to ensure continuous quality improvements supporting the company’s journey to excellence.
- Keep Business calendars up to date at all times.
- The ability to make informed decisions whilst working under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good presentation skills.
- A personable individual with a proven track record of working with a diverse range of individuals.
- A highly self-motivated individual with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- A proven track record in effective interdepartmental relationships.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Experience of working within an IQA role quality assuring Leadership and Management qualifications.
- A minimum Level 5 leadership and management qualification or equivalent experience.
- V1 or alternative recognised internal quality assurance qualification.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills.
The above duties are not an exhaustive list and should be viewed as guidance. Your line manager or ART Providers Senior Management team may ask that you take part in additional duties in order to fully utilize your experience, skills and knowledge.
- Employment Status: Part-time / Contract/ Freelance
- Responsible for: Assessors
- Work Hours: Depends on course programme
- Location: Remote/ on-site course delivery
- Salary Bracket: £32,000 PA equivalent (depending on Experience)