Early Years Educator
Job Reference: ART-KXmaU7Mp8pX
Who are we?
ART Providers Skill Centre (ART) is a UK based organization that is committed to provide you with the right skills, learning and career opportunities in your chosen apprenticeship course programme. We exist to produce top quality apprentices and support employers in bridging them to the right apprentice such as yourself.
We are now offering an Early Years Educator course programme in Level 3. Inquire now!
What will you learn in this course?
Our Early Years Educator Level 3 course will help apprentices practice the importance of observation when working with children, promoting a healthy lifestyle and developing literacy and mathematical skills. This practice will be underpinned by knowledge in planning and reviewing, legislation and regulations and supporting children and their parents/carers. Apprentices will increase in confidence and professionalism throughout their early years practitioner journey and become a valuable member of any educational team.
Knowledge you’ll gain:
- The expected patterns of children’s development from birth to 5 years, and have an understanding of further development from age 5 to 7.
- How children’s learning and development can be affected by their stage of development and individual circumstances such as moving school, birth of a sibling, family breakdown and adoption and care.
- The legal requirements and guidance on health and safety, security, confidentiality of information, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Individual employers may set any entry requirements which may include:
It is desirable that candidates would have achieved a level 2 in Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE Grade C or above) prior to commencing their Apprenticeship training. For those Apprentices who are yet to achieve a level 2 in Maths and English, they will have the opportunity to complete these qualifications during their childcare course. However, a level 2 must be achieved in these areas before they qualify for entry to their end-point assessment.
- Plan and lead activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes. This includes the learning and development areas of current early education curriculum requirements.
- Support and promote children’s speech, language and communication development as part of this early years educator qualification.
- Identify the needs, interests and stages of development of individual children during early childhood.
- Care and compassion
- Honesty, trust and integrity
- Work in a non-discriminatory way
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship, your staff will develop a range of new knowledge, skills and behaviours which will add significant value to each Apprentices’ overall learning, progress and development. Benefits of this early years educator level 3 online course include:
- You will see improved staff retention
- Work in partnership with a nationally recognised training provider
- Employees will achieve a nationally recognised level 3 qualification within an early years setting
- Employees get access to award-winning learning and assessment materials
- Bespoke support to ensure your Apprentices access high quality ‘off the job’ learning and continuing professional development
- Rapid improvements within your employee’s performance, productivity and behaviours which will benefit your organisations services
- Employees will receive subject specialist support from a trainer and access to a Learner Support Advisor for everyday queries
Once you have completed this Apprenticeship, you could progress on to the following:
- Assistant in Children’s Centres
- Practitioner in day nurseries
- Practitioner in nursery schools
- Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
- Pre-school worker
Learners can progress to the Foundation Degree in Early Years, Playwork and Education or the Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner if you are in a management role.
Course programme title: Early Years Educator
Course Length: 18 Months
Maximum funding: Competitive
Learning method: Workplace (direct delivery)