Digital Assessor – Learning & Media Design
Job Reference: ART-qERzJpUCbcg
ART Providers (ART) is a UK based organization that supports and prepares apprentices to be equipped with the right knowledge and skills in their chosen field of course programme. It is also part of our mission to help our community build and produce qualified apprentices that would reinforce business growth by bridging employers and apprentices together.
Due to the diverse range of inquiries we receive from apprenticeship candidates, ART is now looking to build a pool of experienced Digital Assessor – Learning & Media Design in Different Industries to help support our apprentices on their apprenticeship journey.
- Be a creative and passionate individual who will support and empower learners within the workplace in achieving relevant Frameworks.
- The role involves assessing, training and supporting learners in achieving Digital Learning Design and Digital Content Management Qualifications/Apprenticeships (up to level 4 QCF) and Essential Skills, whilst ensuring an excellent learner journey experience.
- To train, coach, mentor and assess learners toward the achievement of a work based vocational Apprenticeship.
- Planning, training, mentoring and assessing learners, principally using OneFile, and as and when required at employer’s premises, as the apprentice works towards achieving their Apprenticeship standard.
- Managing own caseload and own diary.
- To retain learners engaged on the programme and manage their learning and achievement in line with targets and objectives set in the individual learning plan.
- To complete internal and external quality assurance activities, where required.
- Arrange regular meetings with apprentices and employers to plan training, deliver learning, undertake assessment tasks, observe the apprentice undertaking certain duties and provide feedback on evidence submitted.
- Write planning and feedback reports and upload these on the portal. A planning report is the evidence you have agreed with the apprentice that they will provide for the next assessment. A feedback report is your assessment of evidence they have provided and how this maps across to assessment criteria contained within the learning units of the qualification.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Vocational experience using cloud-based systems, online collaboration tools, digital communications, project tools, multimedia tools, immersive technologies, model and design of digital content, creating data driven applications, you will be responsible for a caseload of learners across the country ensuring timely achievement of qualifications.
- Qualified Tutor / Assessor (any of the following (CAVA, A1, PTLLS, EAT, TAQA, etc).
- Professional competence in the area you are assessing, which typically will have been gained through working in that industry for at least two years. E.g. commercial experience: earning a living as a designer in a commercial context.
- Basic experience of HTML and word press and can help an apprentice understand how to apply their design skills in a digital context is welcome.
- Thorough understanding of working with client: developing & responding to briefs; pitches, client management.
Benefits of joining our team:
- Competitive Base Pay
- Flexible working schedule
- Fun working environment
- Unlimited opportunity of career growth