Creative digital design professional (integrated degree)
Job Reference: ART-YtfAXTgDYiP
Who are we?
ART Providers Skill Centre (ART) is a UK based organization that is committed to provide you with the right skills, learning and career opportunities in your chosen apprenticeship course programme. We exist to produce top quality apprentices and support employers in bridging them to the right apprentice such as yourself.
We are now offering a Creative digital design professional course programme in Level 6. Inquire now!
What will you learn in this course?
Applying for this apprenticeship programme will enable you to provide compelling digital design solutions for internal and/or external clients, across a range of sectors and for a range of different contexts. You will be able to learn in implementing design concepts to develop and communicate new products and to provide design solutions utilising digital design technologies. You will be a confident, competent and capable design professional that is adept to operate in a range of related roles.
An apprentice in this occupation will be responsible for the design team and will manage this team ensuring they produced digital enabled design that responded to the brief developed with the client. All professionals in Creative Digital Design will work to a brief and within a given time allocation the budget for which will be agreed with the client.
Knowledge you’ll gain:
- Create impactful and eye catching creative designs related to digital art, digital graphic design, video, online services and installations.
- Apply creativity to all creative digital development projects, including non-screen-based media.
- Develop and deliver compelling digitally enabled creative design solutions to internal and/or external clients across a range of sectors in line with brand guidelines, for a range of different contexts and environments, including agile.
- Create prototypes of design concepts and communicate these through pitches and presentations to gain agreement to develop these into final design solutions.
- Create digital design solutions for a broad range of media including online services, installations and contribute to strategy around creative direction.
Interpret client briefs to create and deliver powerful ideas, ensuring that accessibility requirements are incorporated, using market research and UX input to inform creative decision making.
- Lead and manage end to end creative design projects, adopting the organisational approach to design project governance.
- Lead the communication of design concepts, including with brand managers, product leads, marketing directors, commercial, and sales.
- Recognise the opportunities for complex and compelling data stories to be presented through creative digital channels.
- Keep up with both current and future media and technology developments and current technological requirements such as 3D space, immersive technologies and artificial intelligence.
English & Maths
Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeship’s English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3. A British Sign Language (BSL) qualification is an alternative to the English qualification for those whose primary language is BSL.
Other mandatory qualifications
BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Creative Digital Design BA
- Apply creative design processes to all creative digital development projects, including online services and installations and non-screen-based media, producing designs compelling to customers / users and to leverage the multitude of digital touch points including, but limited to; mobile, tablet, laptop, desktop, wearable, consoles and cars.
- Create designs using industry standard methods; Typography, Digital Art, Video and Special Effects, Rendering, Animation, 3D Graphics and Digital Photography.
- Create eye-catching creative design concepts and prototypes for presentation to clients using industry standard tools and advanced methods to address design problems set by clients.
- Create ‘production’ ready digital media assets including, but not limited to designs, style guides, animations, videos, storyboards, images, audio to achieve a determined business outcome.
- Select, refine, adapt and apply industry standard contemporary creative digital design technologies, and work with data to develop creative design solutions. Apply and leverage data e.g. personalisation, behavioural, location, weather, in design concepts and solutions.
- Communicate design concepts and solutions to team members, designers, brand managers, product leads, marketing directors, commercial and sales in a strong and compelling manner, evaluating the outputs and methods used and their implications.
- Use design concept digital art to deliver creative design sales pitches to clients.
- Brief and work with third parties such as photographers, model makers, agencies and data professionals.
- Produce and maintain a portfolio of creative digital work.
- Keep abreast of industry developments, creative trends and innovations, knowing what’s emerging, and when and when to act to make cost effective use of new and emerging tools and technologies.
- Input into market/user research and UX briefs and work with their outputs.
- Collaborate between team members, clients and working with a range of stakeholders including market researchers, user experience professionals, user researchers, developers, photographers, model makers, brand managers, product leads, marketing directors, commercial, sales and communication specialists.
- Review and build accessibility requirements into all interactive creative digital media solutions.
- Work effectively both individually and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team, with methodologies such as agile, building and maintaining positive relationships with team members, clients and other stakeholders.
- Lead and manage end to end creative digital design projects in line with governance policies, meeting deadlines and managing client expectations for different environments, including agile.
- Deliver well-designed, high quality creative digital solutions including prototyping skills within organisational brand guidelines.
- Design interactive artefacts using industry standard immersive technology techniques.
- Be able to plan and undertake own development and life-long learning to keep abreast of emerging technologies and techniques to review how these are best.
- A passion for creating content for creative and digital media.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to meet the standards required.
- Support for others in developing an appropriate balance of leadership and technical skills.
- Recognition and compliance with equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Demonstrates resilience, accountability and flexibility especially when managing difficult situations.
Job roles you can apply for once completed the programme:
- Application Designer
- Creative Artworker
- Creative Design Manager
- Creative Designer
- Creative Director
- Digital Designer
- Interaction Designer
- Web Designer
Maximum funding: Competitive
Course Length: 36 months
Learning method: Workplace (direct delivery)