Chef Assessor / Trainer
Job Reference: ART-23vEfmIiBMv
ART Providers (ART) is a UK-based organization that supports and prepares apprentices to be equipped with the right knowledge and skills in their chosen field of course programme. It is also part of our mission to help our community build and produce qualified apprentices that would reinforce business growth by bridging employers and apprentices together.
Due to the diverse range of inquiries we receive from apprenticeship candidates, ART is now looking to build a pool of experienced Chef Assessor / Trainer to help support our apprentices on their apprenticeship journey.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- To deliver high-quality teaching and learning by providing students with a planned learning experience, managing the learning process, guiding and supporting students.
- To provide assignment and assessment material appropriate to each specific programme.
- To evaluate, assess, and feedback to students in a timely manner in adherence to the awarding body and college quality criteria.
- To produce schemes of work and lesson plans in accordance with current best practices.
- Industry knowledge in monitoring and maintaining food safety management systems (which include delivery, storage, cooking, and service) and work equipment
- Expertise in kitchen operations
Your skills and qualifications:
- Assessor Qualification, e.g. A1, D32, D33, or TAQA or willing to work towards.
- Minimum Level 2 qualification in Maths and English
- Level 2 ICT or related qualification
- Either be a qualified Trainer / Assessor with experience within front of the house hospitality and as a Head Chef / Sous Chef / Chef de Partie, or just looking for a new challenge that will utilize your professional experience. This is your opportunity to join a team training the next generation of hospitality professionals.
- Teaching qualification at Level 5 e.g. Certificate in Education, or commitment to gaining within the timescales laid out by the college
- Minimum Level 3 Professional Cookery qualifications
- Some experience of teaching, training peers, or transferring skills to others, e.g. training, coaching, mentoring
- An understanding of current developments in related field
- Up to date working knowledge of new communication technology such as Google products, Slack, etc.
Benefits of joining our team:
- Competitive Base Pay
- Flexible working schedule
- Fun working environment
- Unlimited opportunity for career growth